Sunday, March 11, 2012

Blueberry Pudding Cake

Boy, last week was busy! Thanks so much for being patient with me and understanding the lack of posts recently. I worked on Monday & Tuesday, had class on Wednesday, worked on Thursday & Friday, and had class again on Saturday! I was wiped out! Luckily my parents came for a visit and were a tremendous help with the kids. I even came home one day to a clean house and clean laundry! I love my parents!!! :)

Today's recipe is Blueberry Pudding Cake. My neighbor brought some of this over to me awhile back and of course I had to ask them for the recipe. I made it this time and my family devoured it. It's full of yummy blueberries and is simple to make.

Have a great Sunday!



Blueberry Pudding Cake
Source: Taste of Home

2 c. fresh blueberries
1 t. ground cinnamon
1 t. lemon juice
1 c. all-purpose flour
3/4 c. sugar
1 t. baking powder
1/2 c. milk
3 T. butter, melted

TOPPING:
3/4 c. sugar
1 T. cornstarch
1 c. boiling water

Toss the blueberries with cinnamon and lemon juice; place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and baking powder; stir in milk and butter. Spoon over berries.

Combine sugar and cornstarch; sprinkle over batter. Slowly pour boiling water over all. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake portion comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment