Friday, November 11, 2011

Macaroni Chili Soup

I can't think of a better way to spend a chilly Fall evening then to sit your family around the table and enjoy a nice warm bowl of chili. I am always on the lookout for a new chili recipe and this one did not disappoint. One of the things I love most about it is that it uses black beans and not the typical kidney beans you find in most chili recipes. My entire family loved this chili recipe and the leftovers were even better the next day.



Macaroni Chili Soup
Source: Simply Modern Mom

1 lb. ground beef
1/4 c. chopped onion
1 can black beans, drained
1 can sweet corn, drained
3 cans diced tomato, undrained
1 can tomato soup
1 T. chili powder
1 can chopped green chili
2 t. cumin
1/2 box of macaroni, cooked and drained

Cook and drain the macaroni according to box instructions. Then in a skillet, brown beef with the chopped onions. Put all ingredients in a soup pot over the stove and heat until boiling. Top with shredded cheese and Fritos corn chips.

1 comment:

  1. I was going to make chili tonight but I think I'll try this instead.

    ReplyDelete