Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Nutty for Acorns

Fall is definitely among us. The temperature is beginning to cool down and the trees in our back yard are already starting to lose their leaves! I'm never ready for summer to come to an end but I do look forward to all the things that fall brings...apple picking, the leaves turning beautiful colors, pumpkin recipes, and lots more.

I saw these cute acorns in my latest Family Fun magazine and they immediately caught my eye. They were super easy to make and my preschooler got a kick out of them.





Nutty for Acorns
Source: Family Fun

Chocolate Frosting
Mini Vanilla Wafers
Chocolate Kisses
Pretzel Sticks

For each, use chocolate frosting to attach a mini vanilla wafer to a chocolate kiss.
Snap a 1/4-inch section from a pretzel stick for a stem and use more frosting to attach it to the wafer. Let the frosting set for 20 minutes before serving.

Kathie's Note: I didn't have any frosting on hand so I melted a little bit of chocolate and used that as my "glue".

2 comments: