Monday, September 19, 2011

No Bake Banana Crunch Bars

I'm a huge fan of breakfast cereals. I can't start my morning off without eating breakfast first. I'll even admit that most of the time, my breakfast consists of a sugary kid's cereal.

I'm also a big fan of Post Banana Nut Crunch. My dad eats a bowl of it every single day and has for the last 10+ years (or however long the cereal has been on the market). I needed to make a dessert to take to the lakehouse one weekend and I knew my Dad was going to be there so I wanted to try this recipe.

It has a great peanut butter taste but I was a bit disappointed that I couldn't taste any banana from the Banana Nut Crunch cereal. Other than that it was very tasty and a good change from the standard peanut butter Rice Krispie treats.



No Bake Banana Crunch Bars
Source: Real Mom Kitchen

1 c. sugar
1 c. corn syrup
1-1/2 c. crunchy peanut butter
5 c. Banana Nut Crunch cereal
1 pkg. (11.5 oz.) milk chocolate chips

In a microwave-safe bowl, combine sugar and corn syrup. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Stir in peanut butter. Add cereal; stir to coat.
Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. pan. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips in 20 second increments stirring each time until smooth. Spread over bars. Cool before cutting.

Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment