Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Incredibly Easy Chicken & Noodles

Today I am going to share my go-to chicken and noodle recipe. I love it because it's super easy. Early in the morning I will start cooking the chicken in the crock pot with the chicken broth. Put it on low for 6 hours. Then I take the chicken out, shred it and add all the other ingredients except the noodles. About 45 minutes before serving time, add the noodles.

These are great served with mashed potatoes and corn. I love mixing my corn into the chicken noodles and mashed potatoes. I have since I was a kid. Doe anyone else do this or am I the only wacko? :)



Incredibly Easy Chicken & Noodles

1 (26 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
1 (10.75 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
4 (14.5 oz.) cans chicken broth
2 c. diced, cooked chicken breast
2 t. onion powder
1 t. seasoning salt
1/2 t. garlic powder
2 (9 oz.) pkg. frozen egg noodles

In a large pot, mix the cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, chicken broth, and chicken meat. Season with onion powder, seasoning salt, and garlic powder. Bring to a boil and stir in noodles. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 to 30 minutes. (This can also be prepared in a crockpot.)

1 comment:

  1. Kathie, No you're not a wacko. I mix all mine together too. Fixing this for supper tonight. Sounds so good. Can't wait to taste it! Thanks for the recipe.
    Kelly S.

    ReplyDelete