Friday, March 11, 2011

Oyster Crackers

As I was going up and down the grocery store aisles this afternoon, making sure to get everything on my list, I randomly glanced over and saw bags of oyster crackers on the shelf. That quick glance brought back some memories of eating seasoned oyster crackers as a kid. So I threw a bag in my cart (I am very bad about impulsive grocery buying :) and went home to look up the recipe. This was the first time I've ever made these crackers but I assumed I probably already had all the ingredients at home. Sure enough, I did and I was able to make them in about 20 minutes. They are a great snack and even my 10 month old loves to munch on them!




Oyster Crackers
Source: Becky M.

2 (12 oz.) pkgs. oyster crackers
1 T. dill weed
1/2 t. garlic salt
3/4 c. oil

Combine all ingredients except the crackers in a bowl and whisk for a minute or two. Using a large ziplock bag, add crackers and then add the wet mixture and shake gently to mix. Transfer to a lightly sprayed cookie sheet. Bake at 250 for 10 to 20 minutes, stiring often until brown.

Note: Feel free to cut the recipe in half. That's what I did and it still made a bowl full of munchies.

No comments:

Post a Comment