Monday, March 21, 2011

Anti-Ramen Noodle Soup

I made ramen noodles from scratch! Well...I didn't make the noodles from scratch but you know what I mean, I didn't use those little seasoning packets that come with store-bought Ramen noodles. And they turned out really good! Do you want to know what the secret ingredient is? Ketchup! Weird I know, but oh so good. I found this recipe on a food blog called A Cozy Kitchen.


Ryan and I have this thing about putting a fried egg on top of our Ramen noodles. Oh yeah! It made the noodles even that much better! Give it a try!




Anti-Ramen Noodle Soup
Source: A Cozy Kitchen

2 ½ T. soy sauce
2 ½ T. ketchup
½ T. rice vinegar
1/2 lb egg noodles, or any other noodle you prefer
Sliced green onions (optional)
Sriracha or other chili sauce (optional)

In a large pot of boiling water, cook the noodles. Drain and separate into two separate bowls.

Meanwhile in another pot bring 3 cups of water to a simmer. Add in the soy sauce, ketchup and vinegar. Allow to simmer for at least 5 minutes and then ladle over the noodles. Add in the green onions and chili sauce if you prefer, and dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment