Sunday, December 26, 2010

Best Spinach and Artichoke Dip

We had a dinner party with several of my husband's coworkers last weekend. There were 3 different appetizers and this was by far the biggest hit. We pretty much demolished the entire dish and I can honestly say it's the best spinach artichoke dip I've ever had! This recipe is a keeper!





Best Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Source: Cooks.com

1 pkg. frozen spinach thawed and drained
1 jar marinated artichokes, chopped
8 oz. cream cheese
8 oz. sour cream
3/4 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
8 oz. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 onion finely chopped
1 stick butter
red pepper flakes to taste

Sauté onions in butter, adding ingredients while mixing and blending well after each addition. Add ingredients in this order: Spinach, Cream Cheese, Sour Cream, Parmesan Cheese, Artichoke Hearts, Crushed Red Pepper Flakes.
Remove from heat and put in dish. Top with Monterey Jack Cheese and melt.

Serve hot with chips or bread.

1 comment:

  1. I used this recipe as a base, and leveraged what we had on hand...it was terrific. We love spice, so I added 2 fresh jalapeños to the onion while sautéing. I used light sour cream (Daisy), and lower fat cream cheese, trying to cut the fat/calories a smidge. Lastly, instead of Jack, used a combination of sharp cheddar and a Mexican melting cheese with jalapeños. It was a hit! Thanks for a great recipe that I was able to make my own. To me, that's what it's all about. Beth

    ReplyDelete