Sunday, December 5, 2010

5 Minute Turtles



This is one of my favorite holiday candy recipes! These bite size turtles are delicious and so easy to make. All you need is 5 minutes and 3 ingredients!

Some members of my family do not like pecans, so this year I topped 1/2 with pecans and 1/2 with M&M's then dazzled them up a bit more my drizzling chocolate over the top. These are sure to be a big hit at your upcoming Christmas party!



5 Minute Turtles
Source: Barbie F.

Mini Pretzels
Rolo candies
Pecans and/or M&M's

On cookie sheet, place a Rolo candy on top of each pretzel. Heat oven to 250 degrees. Place pan in oven for 2-3 minutes. Remove pan and place a pecan half on each candy and press down. Cool and allow chocolate to harden.

*I normally use square mini pretzels but all I could find in the store this time around were mini round ones. They both work well.

4 comments:

  1. Do you use salted or unsalted pretzels for the 5 minute turtles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used salted pretzels. The salt is a great compliment to the chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any suggestions on how to drizzle the chocolate so nicely? I've never done it before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just add melted chocolate to a cake decorating bag or strong zip lock bag, cut a very small hole in one of the corners, and drizzle over the pretzels. You'll be a pro at it in no time! :)

    ReplyDelete