Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Crock Pot BBQ Ribs & Mashed Potatoes

A good friend of mine recently emailed this recipe to me.
(Thanks Kelli!) BBQ ribs are one of my hubby's favorite foods. I wanted to try this recipe just as soon as I could make it to the grocery store to buy some ribs and liquid smoke! For those of you who have never cooked with liquid smoke (it was a first for me) then you can find it in the condiment aisle by the BBQ sauce and marinades.

Many times, when I cook a big meal like this, I look forward to having the following day off and eating leftovers. I had all intentions of eating leftovers tomorrow; however, these ribs were so good that we couldn't stop eating them! With only a couple ribs left, I think I need to figure out a new game plan for tomorrow's dinner! :)

If you like BBQ ribs - this is a must try recipe!!!



Crock Pot BBQ Ribs

1/2 c. brown sugar
1 t. black pepper
2 T. liquid smoke
2 t. minced garlic
1 medium onion sliced
1 c. cola
3 c. BBQ sauce

Combine above ingredients in crock pot. Add a rack (or two!) of baby back ribs, cutting the ribs up into sections so they will fit in your crock pot. Cook on low for 8 hours or until meat if falling off the bones.



Mashed Potatoes

1 1/2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed
1/2 t. salt
4 T. heavy cream
3 T. butter
1 T. milk
Salt and Pepper

Add potatoes and salt to a boiling pot of water. Bring back to a boil then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until fork can easily be poked through them.

Drain water from potatoes. Add cream and butter to the potatoes and mash with a potato masher. Add milk to achieve the consistency you desire. (Do not over-beat or your potatoes will get gluey.) Salt and pepper to taste.

1 comment: