Thursday, February 4, 2010

Fruit Pizza

By request, here is the recipe for a delicious Fruit Pizza! Growing up, I remember my Mom making this all the time for our big family gatherings. To this day, I still love eating it, only now I make it for my husband and son.





Fruit Pizza

1 tube sugar cookie dough

Soften cookie dough and pat into a large pizza pan. (You can use 2 tubes of sugar cookie dough if you prefer a thick cookie crust.) Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Cool.

Mix together:
8 oz. cream cheese
1 c. powdered sugar
Spread on crust.

Slice 3 or 4 bananas and place on top of cream cheese mixture.

Glaze
1 c. water
1 c. sugar
3 T. corn starch
Stir together in saucepan and cook until thick. Stirring constantly.

Remove from heat and add 3 T. strawberry jello. Cool slightly then spread glaze on top of bananas.

Add desired fruit to the top. I used my favorites: strawberries, mandarin oranges, kiwi, and blackberries. Others have used drained crushed pineapple and cherries.

No comments:

Post a Comment