Saturday, February 13, 2010

Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole

When we lived in Indiana, a good friend of ours used to cook Chicken Cordon Bleu for us on several occasions. It was a treat every time Catherine would invite us over for dinner! This was one of our favorite meals! Catherine was so good at making it! Once we moved to NJ, I decided I'd have to make it on my own if we ever wanted to eat it again. Click here for the link to the recipe. It takes a bit of time to make but is definitely worth all the hassle in the end.

The other day I saw a recipe for this Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole on a food blog called Gather Round Our Table. I thought, man that looks so easy! So I just had to give it a try!





Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole

4 chicken breasts
4 slices deli ham
4 slices Swiss cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2-1 cup water
2 cups bread crumbs
2 T. butter, melted

Place chicken breasts in a baking pan. Salt and pepper. Place a slice of ham over the top of each chicken breast. Place a slice of cheese on top of that. Mix the soup with the water and pour over the top of the enter dish. Mix bread crumbs with butter, then spread that mixture all over the top. Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for an hour and a half.



The verdict??? It was a very quick and easy meal to throw together. Mine was a little on the dry side though. (I didn't even use all the bread crumbs that the original recipe called for). I definitely can't rate it a 10 like I would for Catherine's Chicken Cordon Bleu but it's a good meal to make if you want something easy to throw together.

1 comment:

  1. I love Chicken Cordon Bleu but never seem to pull it off well. This looks like a great way to get the taste without the frustration. I'm feeling a bit stale in the kitchen and your blog looks like a good place for inspiration. Thanks for this and all the other awesome ideas.

    ReplyDelete